Baltimore, MD 21206
Salary: $10.00 to $12.00 /hour
The Pain Doctors is a comprehensive, multi-specialty pain medicine practice in Baltimore, MD. We offer comprehensive preliminary evaluation, diagnostic imaging, pain management, chiropractic, and physical therapy.
We specialize in reducing or eliminating pain using the latest successful interventional pain management techniques including pain medicine, diagnostic imaging, chiropractic, physical therapy, and an ambulatory surgery center. We strive to provide outstanding patient care and excellent service to our patients and referring physicians.
We are looking for a qualified, enthusiastic, motivated full-time medical receptionist to join our expanding team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Greet patients upon entering the premises
- Provide excellent customer service when a patient calls and conclude the call in a professional manner
- Check in/ out all patients professionally and make appointments as needed
- Contact patients to confirm appointments, reschedule canceled appointments and follow-up on no-shows
- Check patient’s insurance the day prior for active coverage and referral requirement; notify patient if a referral is required
- Responsible for collection of copays/balances
- Collect and corrects, as necessary, all patient demographic, insurance, and financial data
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of information of all paperwork and data entry
- Navigate through Advanced MD our EHR program.
- Assist patients with completing all necessary forms and documentation if necessary
- Responsible for protecting patients’ privacy by maintaining confidentiality of personal information (HIPAA compliant)
- Responsible for filing patient’s documentation and patient’s charts
- Participate in the process of requesting authorizations and checking on status of authorizations
- Creating a work-flow with the front staff for a smooth daily transition
- Maintain the daily operations of the office by following standard operating procedures and guidelines
- Perform other general office duties upon request of management
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Medical office experience required – 1 year minimum
- Knowledge of medical terminology and procedures
- Knowledge of Advanced MD, our EHR system, not a requirement
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures
- Interpersonal/human relations skills
- Ability to organize/prioritize duties- multi-tasking
- Ability to respond to questions in a tactful and professional manner
- Desire to make a positive impact on the patient experience
- Strong customer service skills
- Reliable, organized, detail-oriented, and able to multi-task
- Professional, courteous, helpful and cooperative
- Excellent writing and verbal skills
- Must have reliable transportation
- Minimum of 1 year medical office/front desk scheduling experience required
- Medical insurance verification experience preferred, but not required, will train the right candidate.
- Certified Medical Assistant, High diploma, or GED. Substantial work experience may be substituted for education
Competitive compensation and benefits packages offered to full-time employees.
Go to all jobs