Baltimore, MD 21206
Salary: $14.00 to $18.00 /hour
The Pain Doctors is a comprehensive, multi-specialty pain medicine practice in Baltimore, MD. We offer comprehensive preliminary evaluation, diagnostic imaging, pain management, chiropractic, and physical therapy.
We specialize in reducing or eliminating pain using the latest successful interventional pain management techniques including pain medicine, diagnostic imaging, chiropractic, and physical therapy. We strive to provide outstanding patient care and excellent service to our patients and referring physicians.
We are seeking a Medical Office Receptionist/ Assistant to support our growth, reporting to the Clinic Office Manager in Baltimore, MD. This is a full time, hourly rate position with the potential to evolve as the clinic grows.
Previous Medical Office experience is preferred. Leadership and excellent customer service experience are required. We expect our healthcare professionals to be industry experts and have a passion for focusing on the patient to by designing and delivering exceptional health care services.
Experience (candidates MUST have):
- 2+ years medical office experience
- 2+ years insurance elegibility experience
- 2+ years of scheduing experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, etc.)
To Be Considered:
- Submit your resume with cover letter stating availability and desired hourly wage.
Required Skills and Qualifications (including but are limited to):
- Must possess a positive attitude mentality to all internal and potential external patients
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Action-oriented: enjoys working hard and looks for challenges; able to act and react as necessary, even if limited information is available; a “take charge” individual; can take unpopular stands when necessary
- Leadership and Organization: exceptional capacity for leading people; a team builder who has experience in scaling up organizations; ability to connect to clinical staff both on an individual level and in groups; capacity to enforce accountability, develop and empower staff from the bottom up, lead from the top down.
- High level of professionalism
- Strong team skills with the ability to work with staff members across the organization to gather information, request assistance when needed, and provide support when needed
- Ability to organize and multi-task in support of implementing a well-structured front office
- Must possess a general understanding of medical insurances and if possible prior authorizations.
Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Maintaining high level of patient satisfaction
- Ensuring proper scheduling protocol
- Scheduling and rescheduling appointments, filing, checking patients in and out
- Insurance verification
- Acting as liaison with insurance companies, attorneys, and medical doctors and offices
- Additional duties as assigned
- Pain Management Office
- Associate’s degree
- Experience with AdvancedMD is a plus, but not required
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Holiday pay
- Competitive compensation
- Potential bonus plan available
- And more
Go to all jobs